Press Release

China Water Purifier Market Set to Grow at 24% CAGR

 Increasing consumer awareness, rising disposable income, urbanization, low penetration and availability of products in all price range to boost water purifier sales in China

In China, total of 3.13 Million people were reported experiencing drinking water shortages, again 270 Million people in rural areas had no access to safe drinking water. It has been reported that drinking water sources have been identified with human heavy metals, pathogens, pollution, expanding beyond the control of conventional treatment process of organic pollutants. The water purifiers will soon set off popular upsurge in the Chinese market, enhancing the overall health improvements among Chinese consumers.

According to recently published report by TechSci Research, “China Water Purifier Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2017” China water purifier market is all set to growth at CAGR of 24% for next five years due to the large customer base, increasing consumer awareness and low penetration. The Chinese market for water purifier is dominated by RO segment accounting for 45% contribution in 2011, while UV & offline water purifiers contributed remaining 55% of the market. The RO water purifiers are expected to continue the dominance for next five years due to better purifying capabilities, growing health consciousness, rising GDP and urbanization which would all lead to exponential growth of water purifiers in Chinese market.

The exports of water purifier stood at 27% in 2011 which is anticipated to decrease in the coming years due to increasing domestic production by importing countries like India & Bangladesh. The increasing local production in other countries is acting as the only deterrent for Chinese water purifier’s exports. The water purifier manufacturers in China would be forced to improve quality of the products in order to sustain exports. However, it is anticipated that exports will not dry up completely as many traders in countries like India, Bangladesh, South Africa are importing water purifiers from China and are selling under their own brand name to save on margins as the cost of production of locally manufactured water purifiers is still considered high when compared with Chinese products.

“The northern & eastern China has contributed 72% of the water purifier sales as major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Shenzhen comes under Northern and Eastern regions. The rapid urbanization and low penetration has driven the sales of water purifiers in these cities. With growing GDP and increasing consumer awareness towards safe drinking water the market for water purifiers is all set to witness a new dawn in China” said Karan Chechi, Research Director at TechSci Research

China Water Purifier Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2017” gives a detailed unbiased and unprejudiced overview on the water purifier market in China. This report will help readers to identify the on-going trends in the industry and anticipated growth in the coming years as a consequence of rapidly changing industry dynamics. The report will help industry consultants, water purifier manufacturers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies according to on-going and expected future trends.