Membranes are microporous polymeric films that act as a barrier to control the transmission of different chemical components on the basis of permeability and selectivity. Due to lack of skilled manpower and technical expertise, India does not hold a large manufacturing base for membrane production, owing to which the demand for membranes in the country is majorly met through imports. India membranes market is divided into 3 segments namely, Reverse Osmosis Membranes (RO), Ultrafiltration Membranes (UV) and Other membranes. With implementation of stringent government norms regarding water discharge from industries and setting up of water reuse and recycle plants across the country, demand for membranes in India is set to witness robust growth through 2020.
According to “India Membranes Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2020”, India membranes market is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 16% over the next five years on the back of increasing application of membranes in residential sector as well as various industries such as pharmaceutical, food & beverage, and waste water treatment & desalination. In 2014, RO membranes constituted the largest membrane segment, owing to their wide applications in residential water purifiers as well as waste water treatment facilities and desalination plants. Moreover, the largest market share in India membrane market was accounted for by the North region, due to growing urban population and increasing industrial investments, followed by the Southern, Western and Eastern states. Major global players such as Dow, Toray and Hydranautics have a strong presence in India’s membrane market. Key domestic players operating in the market include Permionics, Ion Exchange Pvt Ltd, and Membrane Filter Pvt Ltd. “India Membranes Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2020” report elaborates the following aspects related to membranes market in India:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- India Membranes Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Type (Reverse Osmosis Membranes, Ultrafiltration Membranes and Others)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research includes interviews with membrane market players in India and industry experts. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of membranes market in India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth over the next five years
- To help industry consultants, membrane manufacturers, vendors and dealers align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% free customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs