Government concerns regarding environmental impact of motor vehicles is driving automotive manufacturers in the US to downsize vehicle weight in order to improve fuel economy and reduce harmful emissions. The government has drafted regulations pertaining to fuel economy and emission standards, which has to be followed by every vehicle manufacturer by 2025. Weight reduction of vehicles can be achieved by using lightweight materials such as plastics, composites, high strength steel and aluminum. As composites are generally built of different materials, their joining is not possible using traditional techniques like welding or screwing. For this purpose, specially formulated structural adhesives have to be applied, which not only bind composites of similar or dissimilar substrates, but also provide structural integrity to the vehicle body frame. Major automotive adhesives used to achieve these objectives include epoxy, polyurethane or acrylic polymer-based.
According to “United States Automotive Adhesives Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, the automotive adhesives market in the US is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 5% during 2014-19. The demand for automotive adhesives is expected to increase significantly in the automotive sector, due to rising government concerns related to reducing emissions from ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) by switching to electric vehicles (EVs). As EVs contain heavy batteries for storing energy, their fuel efficiency has to be balanced using lightweight materials, which in turn increases automotive adhesive consumption. This trend is further supported by tax exemptions for use or promotion of electric vehicles. Some of the major companies in the US involved in manufacturing and supplying automotive adhesives to OEMs include Henkel, Dow Chemical Company and H.B. Fuller. “United States Automotive Adhesives Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”report elaborates following aspects related to automotive adhesives market in the United States:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- US Automotive Adhesives Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – Epoxy, Polyurethane, Acrylic, etc.
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with automotive adhesive manufacturers, suppliers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of automotive adhesives market in US
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, automotive adhesive manufacturers and stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs