India chocolate market has been broadly segmented into Industrial Chocolates, which are used in preparation of different confectionary food products such as bakery items, ice cream, etc.; and Consumer Chocolates (Dark, Milk and White), which are directly sold to the consumers. Over the last decade, chocolate market in India has been growing at a significant rate, on account of expanding middle class population and increasing use of chocolates in various confectionery products. Expansion of organized retail industry in India and rising disposable income levels of consumers have been further propelling growth in the country’s chocolate market. Manufacturers are luring consumers by expanding their product portfolios and increasing availabilityof chocolates in various price ranges.
According to “India Chocolate Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020”, chocolate market in India is projected to surpass US$ 17 billion by 2020. In 2014, Consumer chocolates segment dominated the Indian chocolate market, and this trend is expected to continue over the course of next five years. Product innovations, strong marketing strategies and increase in variety of products are driving consumer chocolate sales in India. Over the last few, apart from children, adult population has emerged as the key consumer segment for chocolate companies in the country. Consequently, manufacturers have been launching new and innovative chocolate products such as sugar-free and organic chocolates to lure adult consumers. In terms of regional sales, Northern India accounted for the largest share in 2014, followed by the Southern, Western and Eastern regions of the country. “India Chocolate Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020” report highlights following aspects related to chocolate market in India:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- India Chocolate Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – Industrial Chocolate and Consumer Chocolate (Dark, Milk &White)
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Strategic Recommendations & Competitive Landscape
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with leading chocolate companies and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of chocolate market in India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, chocolate manufacturers, distributors and dealers align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs