Three-wheeler industry can be categorized into two segments- passenger carriers and load carriers. The segments can further be categorized according to weight of the vehicle, payload capacity (0.35T / 0.50T / 0.75T / >0.75 T), fuel consumption (petrol/diesel / compressed natural gas / liquefied petroleum gas), and engine type (front, rear, 2-stroke, 4-stroke, 150cc, 175cc, 200cc, 400cc). Three-wheelers are increasingly being accepted as an effective means of transportation, especially in developing countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America. Inadequate availability of public transportation, underdeveloped transportation system, lack of logistic infrastructure, low per capita income & increasing unemployment, etc. are some of the key factors that are increasing the adoption of three-wheelers in developing and underdeveloped countries.
According to “Global Three Wheeler Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, Global three wheeler market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13% during 2014-19. However, with the increasing penetration of four wheeler light commercial vehicles during 2010-13, passenger carrier and load carrier three-wheelers have started to witness a stiff competition in developing countries like India, China, Indonesia, etc. Competition for three-wheelers in such countries is expected to further increase with the introduction of “Quadricycles” a four wheel small car. Quadricycles are expected to change the three-wheeler landscape in Asian countries like India, Indonesia, Philippines, etc. as they provide an opportunity for consumers to upgrade from three-wheelers to four-wheelers at a marginally higher cost. Quadricycle is also gaining government support as it offers more safety and less emission than an ordinary three wheeler. “Global Three Wheeler Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019” report elaborates following particulars:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- Global Three-Wheeler Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis By Type- Load Carrier and Passenger Carrier
- Regional Analysis – India, China, Bangladesh, Egypt, Nigeria, Peru and Indonesia
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendation
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based on both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with leading three wheeler manufacturers and distributors. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual report, financial reports and proprietary databases.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of Three Wheelers market globally and in emerging markets.
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years.
- To help industry consultants, three wheeler manufacturers and channel partners to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players