LED TVs also known as LED-backlight LCD televisions,
can be defined as a kind of LCD television that uses light emitting diodes
instead of cold cathode fluorescent lights for backlighting the display. A LED
is defined as a semiconductor device that emits visible light upon an electric
current passing through it. So these LED are used to backlight LCD displays in
order to get a clear picture.
Growing demand for highly energy efficient and
eco-friendly LED TVs coupled with rising disposable income, increasing consumer
awareness about the various LED TV brands, etc. are few of the major growth
drivers of the global LED TVs market.
LED TVs Market: Drivers and Restraints
Global LED TVs
market has witnessed a robust growth during the last five years and is expected
to grow at a significant rate during the next five years. Growing consumer
awareness coupled with brand image and changing consumer preference towards
these products is influencing the demand for LED TVs around the World. Features
such as high picture quality, enhanced color contrast, ultra-high resolution
provided by the LED TVs and available at competitive rates are replacing the
demand for CRT TVs with LED TVs.
However, with the presence of
various Chinese players offering advanced LED TVs at a comparatively low price,
there is a potential challenge to the global LED TVs value market where major
brands are selling advanced and high resolution LED TVs at comparatively higher
LED TVs Market: Segmentation
The Global LED TVs Market is classified on the basis
of display type, technology and region.
LED TVs Market, by Display Type
High Definition (FHD)
Global LED TVs Market: By Geography
Asia Pacific is the largest manufacturing hub for LED
TVs owing to domestic manufacturing, followed by North America and Europe. In
Asia-Pacific region, Japan and Korea are the leading manufactures of LED TVs.
The market for LED TV is largely fragmented due to the presence of many
domestic manufactures in different regions. In the Middle East and North Africa,
the market for LED TVs is majorly import driven. Most of the leading global
companies, which operates in the Middle East, are doing business through their
exclusive distributors, multi brand dealers, hypermarkets/supermarkets and
online portals such as Saudosouq.com, extrastores.com, etc.
Global LED TVs Market: By Technology
technologies relevant to LED TVs include Edge Lit, Back Lit fill array, Direct
Lit, Nano Crystal and Quantum Dot. Currently, back lit full array technology,
in which the back panel of the TV is entirely covered with rows of LEDs and using the
local dimming feature these LEDs are divided into different zones which are
then controlled individually, is leading the market with the
majority value share and is expected to maintain its dominance during the next
Global LED TVs Market: Key Players
Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, Toshiba, Haier, Sharp
and Philips are some of the major players operating in the LED TVs market,
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Size, Market Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Display Type, By Technology,
By Screen Size, By Region & By Company
- Geographical Analysis for following regions:
East & Africa
- Market Dynamics (Market Drivers, Challenges &
their Impact Analysis)
- Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape
- Strategic Recommendations
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Latin America (Brazil, Argentina)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar,
South Africa, Egypt)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea)
You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of LED TVs market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth
in the next five years
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any
extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per
the buyer’s specific needs.
Key Questions This Study Will
- How do growth rates in the market vary by segment,
sub-segments and region?
- What are the most important growth drivers and
opportunities in the market?
- What strategies should market competitors employ to
gain share in mature segments of the market?
- What are the competitor profiles in this market and
how do they compete for market share?