Increasing automobile exports and continuous launch of new vehicle models in the domestic market are driving the tyre industry in South Africa. Major global automobile manufacturers have established their production or assembly plants in the country to address the growing domestic and global demand. Also, South Africa has various trade agreements such as SADC (Southern African Development Community), EAC (East African Community), COMESA (Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa) and BRICS, which have helped the country in establishing itself as a manufacturing base for automotive products. In 2013, South Africa also launched APDP (Automotive Production and Development Program) to support domestic manufacturing. Tyre sales in South Africa are mainly concentrated in three of the country’s nine provinces that include Gauteng, the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal, due to the presence of major auto OEMs in these areas.
According to “South Africa Tyre Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, the South African tyre market is expected to witness phenomenal growth over the next five years due to the increasing exports and domestic sales of automobiles coupled with the demand for tyres in the replacement market. The tyre market in South Africa is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 9% during 2014-19. The presence of major auto OEMs is expected to drive the tyre demand in OEM as well as in replacement market due to presence of large vehicle parc in the country. Goodyear, Apollo, Continental and Bridgestone are the major tyre companies in the South African tyre market. “South Africa Tyre Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, discusses the following aspects related to the growth of tyre industry in South Africa:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- South Africa Tyre Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicle, and OTR
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with tyre manufacturers, distributors and industry personnel. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports, government policy documents and proprietary databases
- To gain an in-depth understanding of tyre market in South Africa
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs