The rapid growth in economy, coupled with high purchasing power have made Malaysia the largest passenger car market within the ASEAN region. The country has one of the highest vehicles per capita around the world. Local automotive manufacturing companies such as Proton and Perodua, coupled with the global automotive companies such as Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes, Nissan, Volvo, Hyundai and Honda, etc., have established their production plants in Malaysia to cater to the domestic as well as global automobile demand. Increasing per capita income as well as government initiatives such as tax rebates on import and excise duties on the purchase of hybrid cars are driving the Malaysian automotive industry. The country also has a fleet of about 11 million each for passenger cars and two wheelers, creating a huge replacement tyre market. Growing automobile sales in the country have also improved the demand for tyres from the OEMs segment.
According to “Malaysia Tyre Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018”, with the growing automobile sales in Malaysia, the demand for tyres, in revenue terms, is set to increase at a CAGR of around 10% during 2013-18. Malaysia has the membership of ASEAN and AFTA, which include various other major economies such as China, Japan, EU, Korea, India, etc., through which, the automotive products including tyres, manufactured in the country are easily sold in these international markets. Continental, Bridgestone, Goodyear and Michelin are the leading companies in the tyre industry of Malaysia. However, other companies such as Toyo, Pirelli, Yokohama, Apollo and Sumitomo are also giving strong competition to the established players in Malaysia.“Malaysia Tyre Market Forecast and Opportunities, 2018” discusses the following aspects:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- Malaysia Tyre Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – Passenger Car Tyres, Two Wheeler Tyres, Commercial Vehicle Tyres & OTR Tyres
- Policy & Regulatory Environment
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with tyre manufacturers, distributors and industry personnel. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases. Analyst access from TechSci Research All report purchases include up to 45 minutes telephone time with our Industry Analyst, who will help you to link key findings in the report with the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within two months of purchasing the report.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of the tyre market in Malaysia
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help tyre manufacturers, industry consultants, and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs