Europe and North America are the major global markets for organic food products. The demand for organic food products is growing in these regions due to high purchasing power and huge presence of health conscious consumers. Compared to western markets, the organic food consumption in India is very low. Organic food market in India is highly unorganized and fragmented, which offers immense growth opportunities for domestic as well as international players. India majorly exports organic processed food products, organic rice, beverages and other cereals and millets to US, Canada, Europe, and South East Asian countries. Organic certifications, land conversion from conventional farms to organic farmlands, farmer training and organic food product storage involve high cost which results in organic food products costing more than conventional food products. Consequently, the domestic demand for organic food products is primarily driven by high net worth individuals in metro cities. Currently, organic processed food segment is the leading growth contributor, followed by organic cereals, and pulses & grains. On the other hand, the organic dairy products segment is expected to witness a decline in the country due to stringent NPOP (National Program for Organic Production) quality standards.
According to “India Organic Food Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, the organic food market revenues in India are expected to grow at a CAGR of around 25% during 2014-19. The western region is the highest revenue contributor for the country’s organic food market followed by the southern region. Organic food companies are increasingly selling their products through E-commerce websites and retail stores. Various major players such as Sresta Natural and Morarka Organic Foods are expanding their retail distribution network in Tier I and II cities through tie-ups with leading retail chains as well as through establishment of exclusive stores and outlets. “India Organic Food Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019” elaborates the following aspects related to organic food market expansion in India:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- India Organic Food Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – Fruits and Vegetables, Dairy Products, Processed Foods, Organic Cereals, Pulses & Grains
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with organic food producers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports, and proprietary databases.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of organic food market in India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the coming years
- To help industry consultants, distributors and dealers to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decision and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs