The history of radios dates back to the year 1923 when the Radio Club of Bombay started broadcasting programs in India. AIR (All India Radio) launched its first FM service from Madras to offer a wide range of audio programs to listeners with improved content and broadcast quality. Till 1999, India’s FM radio market was governed by AIR. However, with Phase-I auction policy in the same year, the market opened its realms for private FM radio companies. The policy met limited success with the launch of only 21 channels that were allotted under this policy. These channels are still operational across 12 cities in India. Later in 2005, the launch of Phase-II auction policy fuelled private FM radio channels in the country under which the government allocated licenses for 245 channels. However, with the upcoming Phase – III auctions the more new licenses are expected to be allocated which would further drive the market for FM Radio Stations in India.
According to “India FM Radio Industry Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”,
the industry is expected to witness double digit growth during 2014-19. Increasing number of FM radio listeners coupled with the growing expenditure on advertisement campaigns by real-estate, pharmaceutical, education, healthcare sectors, etc., are resulting in strong growth of the FM radio industry. The upcoming phase-3 auction is also expected to spur the market for radio in the country as radio station operators would expand and enter further in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities. The launch and implementation of this policy would provide the country with 839 radio channel licenses across 227 new cities in addition to existing cities. Driven by these factors, India FM radio industry is forecast to touch USD656.33 million by 2019. Having a large base of FM radio listeners, Delhi NCR and Maharashtra are the leading markets for FM radio in the country. Leading companies operating in India’s FM radio market include Prasar Bharati, Entertainment Network (India) Limited, Sun TV Network Limited, Reliance Broadcast Network Limited, Music Broadcast Private Limited and D.B Corp Ltd. “India FM Radio Industry Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”
discusses the following aspects of FM Radio industry in India:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- India FM Radio Market Size, Share & Forecast
- India FM Radio Business Model
- India FM Radio Market Share By Company, By State
- Advertisement Tariff & Concepts and STP Analysis
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
- To gain an in-depth understanding of FM Radio industry in India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, companies and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with FM radio companies across India. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like newspapers, websites, and proprietary databases.