Germany is one of the largest producers and consumers of organic food within Europe. The growing awareness about Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), pesticides and antibiotics in food products is augmenting organic food demand in the country. Over the last few years, the organic food market in Germany faced a bit of a tough time due to the bad economic scenario. However, with anticipated revival of global economic, the organic food market is expected to exhibit a healthy growth rate during the forecast period. According to Organic Trade Association (OTA), in 2011, about 39% of the German consumers accepted the positive contribution of organic food towards climate protection as one of the major driving market factors that affects a buyer’s decision to opt for organic food.
According to “Germany Organic Food Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019”, the southern and western regions accounted for the highest revenue share in the country’s organic food market as a result of growing per capita income, increasing awareness and expanding domestic production. During 2014-19, Germany’s organic food market is projected to grow at a CAGR of about 9%, in value terms. The organic packaged food and fruits & vegetables will continue to dominate the market through 2019. However, with the growing awareness and demand, organic meat, including organic eggs, and breads & cereals are anticipated to register the highest growth over the next five years. The major retailers dealing in organic food include EDEKA Zentrale AG & Co KG, REWE-Zentral-Aktiengesellschaft, ALDI Einkauf GmbH & Compagnie, METRO AG, Alnatura Produktions- Und Handels GmbH and denn's Biomarkt GmbH. “Germany Organic Food Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019” discusses the following aspects of organic food market expansion in Germany:
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- Germany Organic Food Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis By Company, Food Type & Region
- Policy & Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Report Methodology The information contained in this report is based on both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with organic food producers and channel partners in Germany. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of organic food market in Germany
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, producers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer’s specific needs